In today’s reading/writing workshop, please take time to read your book. Answer the following questions in your Response Journal.
· How do you know who is writing the letter?
· How do you know who is receiving the letter?
· What do you notice about the format of the letters?
· What do you notice about the postscripts (P. S.)? Why are they written?
· Do the letters include interesting details? List some.
· Why are the letters written? What purpose do the letters serve?
· Describe the tone or mood of the letters. How do the writers create this tone?
Be ready to share your findings with the group.